IMPORTANT SKULL SHIPPING INFORMATION:
When it comes to shipping cervid skulls, antlers or horns – you should know the laws around Chronic Wasting Disease (CWD). Be sure to check with your state and the state you’ll be shipping to on what is compliant. Most state wildlife agency’s websites have rules and guidelines posted.
clean the skull thoroughly before shipping or transport. If you have any questions contact your local State Fish & Game Wardens. Transporting or shipping game in today’s CWD climate takes extra planning on your part. Skulls Unlimited suggests you take your time.
Be sure you understand your state and Oklahoma’s laws regarding pre-cleaning for CWD BEFORE you send us a cervid (e.g.- deer, elk, etc) specimen. We will not accept any out-of-state cervid that does not meet mandated cleaning standards and specimens will be returned at owner’s expense.
Skulls Unlimited requests your cooperation when shipping specimens to us for processing. We ask that clients ship all parcels via FedEx, U.S. Mail or UPS. It is important that carrier shipping instructions be followed.
If you experience trouble with a FedEx representative accepting parcels containing raw heads, please refer them to the 2014 Users Guide Online Version Page 140, (c) “Animal heads and other parts for taxidermy may be accepted but must be properly packaged.”
If you have any questions please feel free to contact us at: 1-800-659-7585.
Please address all packages to:
Skulls Unlimited International, Inc.
Attn: Processing Division
10313 S. Sunnylane Road.
Oklahoma City, OK 73160 USA (405) 794-9300 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Skulls Unlimited International Shipping Instructions:
- Federal law requires that all packages be clearly marked as containing wildlife parts. This can easlily be done by marking the package as “Taxidermy Items”.
- Freeze heads prior to shipping.
- Wrap heads in newspaper to absorb excess moisture.
- Tie heads in multiple plastic bags to prevent excess moisture seeping out and ruining shipping box.
- Ship specimens in either a Styrofoam or hard-sided cooler. You may also use a sturdy box and fill box with cedar woodchips to absorb excess moisture and control odor. Hard-sided coolers will be returned upon request.
- Parcels should weigh no more than 70 lbs.; heavier parcels may tear open during shipping resulting in lost or damaged specimens.
- Secure each item with adequate packing material to prevent damage during shipping. Placing skulls in a weak box with little or no packing could result in your specimen being lost or damaged.
- We prefer parcels to be shipped Fedex air on a Monday to ensure their arrival by Friday. If you chose to ship Fedex ground, do so only on a Monday. Ground parcels shipped on days other than a Monday may result in sitting over a weekend, and may spoil, and could be thrown away by the shipping company. U.S. Mail can also be used, but please use their delivery confirmation option.
- We suggest that you ship only with FedEx as they have shown to provide the best service for our customers, however UPS may be used.
- A packing list of the enclosed items must accompany your shipment. This will ensure no items are overlooked and discarded. Please place your packing list in a zip-lock bag, taped to the outside of your box.
All of the above procedures are very important. Leaky, foul smelling packages cause a great deal of problems and can lead to your parcel being discarded by the shipping company. Additionally, poorly packaged specimens can arrive damaged. Skulls Unlimited International Inc. accepts no responsibility for specimens that arrive damaged. With proper packing and shipping, you can avoid problems in transit and ensure your trophy arrives in good condition.
Custom Cleaning Invoice
We have made our Custom Cleaning Invoice available in PDF format on-line. To open and read this file, you will need to have Adobe Acrobat Reader installed on your computer.
To contact us by phone, call 1-800-659-SKULL
You can Fax us at: 1-405-794-6985
E-Mail your comments and questions to: email@example.com